Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Childraising info.

I feel like I forget things pretty easily, including parenting skills that I've learned. When Cory was born, I was surprised to find out that I couldn't remember a lot of the things that worked for me two years before, when Jason was a baby. I know there were "Aha!" moments with Jason, when I figured out how to feed, clothe, or entertain him more efficiently and effectively - but for the most part, I couldn't remember them. That's not to say that being a mom wasn't easier the second time round (it was) or that I would expect everything that worked with Jason to work with Cory (it wouldn't).
However, to avoid reinventing the wheel when child #3 comes along (if we're lucky enough to have him/her someday) and to provide a better standard of comparison, I've decided to write down some of the things I'm learning along the way. Hopefully they will provide enlightenment or at least entertainment when I have another child at the right age for the information to apply to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment